"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Saturday, October 02, 2010

Additions to the linen collection!

One of my old friends who sells on eBay, contacted me last week to tell me she had a couple of boxes of linens from estate auctions, and invited me to drop by for a look. I said I wasn't buying any more, but I'd love to look...I came home with some lovely goodies to think about, and have decided that my collection will be enhanced with these items:
Square centrepiece with darling crocheted edge of teacups and teapots.
I already have two of these scotty dog doilies, but done in different stitching.
I also have this peacock cloth in the same design, but a different colour scheme. Unfortunately this cloth is rather badly damaged around the edge, so it might end up cut up for a patchwork project.
Beautiful little cloth stitched in variegated thread, Lagertera design...I think.
I try to avoid adding whitework to my collection, as it opens up a whole new parameter in my range, but would you refuse this piece? Absolutely stunning pulled/drawn thread work.
This cloth is unspectacular to a layperson, but it is so perfectly embroidered, I cannot tell the difference between the back and front.
This is one of a pair of hand or tea towels, also in a Lagertera style design. At first I thought the fabric was huckabuck, but it is actually 14 ct. Aida.
I don't usually buy other people's cross stitched work, but this example is done on linen, and so finely worked, that I decided to include it.

2 comments:

Ruthie's Greetings said...

I love the peacock one!

woof nanny said...

The teacup border is adorable!