"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Stitching for the Ukrainians.

 My friend Sharon alerted me to a cross stitch pattern designed by Kateryna Stitchy Princess in Ukraine, who sells her patterns on Etsy to supplement her income.  Sharon saw her on a Facebook group, but as I'm not on Facebook, she posted the details to me.  I purchased the pattern for about A$5.50, barely enough to buy a coffee here, but helps someone in a war torn country to buy food and essentials.

She creates the most beautiful designs, and I hope more stitchers around the world will be encouraged to buy her patterns (they are downloaded to your computer when you pay - nothing is sent by mail that might get lost in transit) to  help her survive

StitchyPrincess | Etsy


This is the one I purchased:


And this is what I have done so far.


2 comments:

selina said...

lovely work Georgiegirl
is it a traditional design?
love the sunflowers

thanx for sharing

Gina E. said...

LOL Sandra, I used to have a dozen blogs for different subjects, but rarely even look at them now! I will check your blog out again soon :-)

Selina, yes this lady's designs are all based on traditional Ukrainian designs, from what I can gather on her Etsy site.